Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pastor's Circle - Todd Hudnall, Radiant Church

Todd Hudnall, senior pastor of Radiant Church, joined the pastors circle today and shared his thoughts about prayer.

Spiritual coming of age moment?

I'd say the biggest time like that means understanding total surrender and absolutely abandonment to Christ.

I know exactly where I was when I realized that my life was not mine at all - I had to give my hopes, dreams and aspirations to him.

How are you promoting prayer in your church?
My feeling is that most followers of Jesus want to have a personal devotional life.

One of the problems is that we're just so incredibly busy.


We are asking our people (at Radiant) to take 21 days and get rid of whatever's keeping you from God. And for the next 21 days spend some extra time in prayer and in the Word. We're seeing people say for the first time that I have a really good devotional experience.

How do you pray?
The Bible says to pray without ceasing. That's has a lot to do with an attitude of prayer, a posture of prayer.

When you make space, part of that is just finding times when you can do it.

Begin to establish a time when you're alone with him.

What I've found is a model of prayer, a prayer track to run on. The best one ever is the one Jesus gave us..the Lord's prayer. (Jesus) gave us an outline or scaffolding of prayer.
One thing I did to help me adore and praise...I found this book. It's called the Psalms.

I just underlined in my Bible all the places where they praised God. I would just read them to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment