Wednesday, February 16, 2011

No Other Gospel - Galatians in 31 Lessons

Josh Moody author of "No Other Gospel"; Senior pastor of College Church, Wheaton Illinois.

What are the other gospels?
At root, all other human-oriented gospels say that I can do it by my own, by my own will.

Why decline in denominations?
I think there is a basic assumption that everyone who is a Christian knows the gospel, but that is a false assumption.

There is a great need for our churches to come back to the centrality of the gospel.

Why is Galatians so important?

It seems to me that Galatians is a particularly fiery epistle.

When people come to that part of the word, it shakes them.

It brings us back to the very foundations of our faith and it revitalizes us.

Did this epistle have the impact Paul wanted in those days?
I think we can say God's word doesn't return empty, so I think we can say it has done its work.

There are so people who come in and say the Gospel of Jesus Christ is good for the beginning, but if you want to mature, you've got to move on to other things. But that's not what Paul is saying.

Most challenging aspect of the gospel for Josh Moody?
I realize that this is true for me...to look at Jesus and think, "I've heard that". And then move on and think if I want to grow, I need to grasp hold of a different tool. So No Other Gospel was a great message reminding me I had to hold on to Christ.

There's this principle of looking after other people and also looking after your relationship with Jesus.

The Gospel of community gives me security and it also gives me the opportunity to be vulnerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment