Monday, September 26, 2011

Pastor's Circle - Sam Shaw

Sam Shaw is the pastor of the Memphis, TN Orchard Fellowship, which recently celebrated its first anniversary. He joined the Pastor's Circle to discuss the role forgiveness plays in families. Here are the "CliffsNotes" of his segment.

Why is forgiveness such an important topic?


I don't know anything that gets families stuck like this does.

All families have sin, sin causes pain, and pain requires forgiveness.

My four kids, my wife and I all lived together, which means you have six sinners all living under one roof.

I think there's a lot of confusion about what forgiveness is and what it is not.

It is not excusing sin, diminishing sin, denying sin.
Does overcommitment play a role in the breakdown of familial relationships?

That is absolutely part of the problem.

Sports are a major thing. If you have a kid playing sports, it's all the time.

At some point you have to decide not to let the tail wag the dog.

There really is a craziness. It's an overload, and the kids feel it. I think you have to decide what is important in your family.

It's about growing together and experiencing life together.

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Sam Shaw;

    The best minister I have personally met, next to the late Dr. W.A. Criswell.

    There are several great Minister's; please don't be mislead by my staement; I had just moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma and was a member of First Baptist Downtown Tulsa; when I met Dr. Sam Shaw.

    Having spent twenty-two years in funeral service; several medical surgeries later I finally went back to college to obtain a B.A. in Business Administration and electives in Pre-Law.
    Visit me on the Web at: www.24hourtulsarealestate.kwrealty.com

    ReplyDelete