Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ministry Spotlight: Truth For Youth

Tim Todd is the President and Executive Director of Revival Fires International. He is partnering with AFA to provide the Truth For Youth Bibles to teenagers in public schools.

Where did you get this idea of Truth For Youth Bibles?
I was in Russia, and there was a program to make the Bible a textbook in the Russian schools. They asked me what the Bible program in public schools was in America, and I had to hang my head and say that while Russia was putting the Bible into schools, America had taken it out. 
I went back to America with a burden on my heart for these schools. In 1998, the Lord laid it on my heart to create the Truth for Youth Bible.

Are these Bibles working?
Absolutely. In fact, just a few days ago I received a call from the principal of a school who said he had a young lady who had been ready to commit suicide. She was cutting herself, involved in sorcery and witchcraft, and heavily into drugs. 
She got one of these Bibles from a friend, and gave her life to Christ. The principal who was calling me ordered 1000 Bibles, set them up on tables, and within fifteen minutes they were taken. The whole school was strongly impacted.
According to your strategy, Christian teens order your Bibles and give them to their friends at school. How well is this tactic working?
Extremely well. We had one young man, a drug dealer, get one of those Bibles and give his heart to Christ. He quit smuggling drugs into school, and started smuggling Bibles. 
We're gonna see a massive movement of God in these last days. One thing we're seeing is young people becoming radical for God. 
I believe that the revival is going to take place outside of the four walls of the church building. I believe that getting the Bible into schools will be a massive part of this national revival.

No comments:

Post a Comment