Saturday, January 22, 2011

Adventures out at the abortion clinic

A friend named Dana stopped a young couple walking out of the abortion clinic. He was carrying a sonogram picture of the woman's baby. Dana said, "Ooohh, let me see a picture of your baby." That started a heart to heart talk that lasted a few minutes.

After a while, it looked like Dana might need some fortification. I moved in, asked them if I could hold their hands and pray and they looked open to that. I grabbed their hands and lifted up their situation to Jesus.

Then she said, was carrying "He is standing with me in this, and he ain't the one who got me pregnant." I looked up at him, grabbed his arm (pastorally, of course!) and said, "YOU are a MAN. This is what MEN do!"

Unwed births in Mississippi are around 54% of all births right now. Above 80% amongst African-Americans. Men are having sex and running away from responsibility. Here was a guy running into responsibility.

May "his tribe increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment