Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pastor's Circle - Dan Boone, Trevecca Nazarene University

Anger in biblical discourse?
The places where I find that Jesus condemns in scripture are the people who...have closed the door on access to God for the people.

Holy love/ getting along

I want to go a whole lot past tolerance; I want to love these people (I disagree with).

The ability to look these people in the eye whom I couldn't disagree with more and love these people.
That's a tough thing.

It's almost like Christians have to fight with a hand behind their back. We don't have some of the demeaning, depersonalizing tactics non-Christians have.

It's a tough balancing act, but it's one that I think Christian maturity calls us to.

We don't want to take the pages out of the Jihadists..just to condemn someone, so we can justify destroying them.

What the Church owes Rep. Gabby Giffords
You'd think I'd jump on the bandwagon to tone down the political rhetoric. And I'm certainly not opposed to that.

There is no organization in the world who's more evenly distributed and has proximity to people like Jared Lee Loughner that we could bring him into a community and get him help.

That the church would keep on doing it's unapplauded work in the trenches with the lonely, frightened people.

If the body of Christ would take on those whom the world has rejected...I think we would have become the people who are doing what Christ would do.

Looking back on it, there's the great joy of tending to these. I think it is the call of the church that we like no other body in the world would have our arms open to bring these people into a loving community.

No comments:

Post a Comment