Monday, January 31, 2011

My hilarious (and varied) life

Yesterday, I was speaking to 200 men and my youngest son at a snow retreat in Wisconsin.

Got to the Memphis airport a handful of hours after my last talk, and heard a voice behind my ear: "Sir, may we serve you your beverages now?" It was my Congressman (and former regular guest host of my radio show) who was playfully getting my attention. We talked in the terminal then sat in the plane together and swapped perspectives over the next couple of hours.

After the radio show this morning, my wife called and said, "Come home, Michael is here!" It was my dear friend who had received Christ in prison and had just got out after four years. He was sitting in my den so grateful to be out and walking with Jesus.

Tonight I was again out at the detention center with students in tow singing, praying, preaching and studying the Word together.

What a hilarious life God has blessed me with.

In less than 24 hours...snow retreat, fellowshipping with a congressman-friend, radio broadcasting, enjoying the freedom of my newly released-from-prison friend, prison ministry, discipling. And that's to say nothing of my family, church, seminary duties, etc.

God has given me an abundant life. I am not worthy.

1 comment:

  1. God has given me an abundant life as well, Matt, and part of that abundance is my friendship with the Friedemans.

    ReplyDelete